An excerpt from the Texas Consumer Bill of Rights:
27. CHOICE OF REPAIR AND REPLACEMENT PARTS. You have the right to choose the repair shop and replacement parts for your vehicle. An insurance company may not specify the brand, type, kind, age, vendor, supplier, or condition of parts or product used to repair your automobile…”
Facts you should know:
1. By law, you may have your car towed to and repaired at the Repair Facility of your Choice.
2. Only one estimate is required to determine the amount of damage.
3. Check with your agent concerning rental car coverage under your policy.
4. Be sure your insurance company pays for all covered repairs.
5. Choose your body shop carefully. Your safety depends on quality workmanship.